Thursday, July 1, 2010

Born a decade too late to rock these shoes...

Back in 1982 I was only 5 years old. My mother was still dressing me funny and I certainly wasn't allowed to watch Fast Times At Ridgemont High when it came out.

But over the course of the next fifteen years or so, I would gain an appreciation for the 80s. The movies, the fashion, the music.

That may be why I have a particular affinity for these Classic Vans Checkerboard Slip Ons.

Because back in the 80s, there wasn't much cooler than Jeff Spicoli and his Vans.



So when my brother in law had his Totally Awesome 80s Birthday party last year, I made sure that Hubs (who bears a small resemblance to Sean Penn anyhow) had Spicoli's shoes to wear to the party.

Unfortunately, I was a little last minute on the purchasing of them so I could only find them in a size 11. Hubs usually wears a 12 so he had to cram his feet into them for the duration of the night. They never were worn again, but it was worth it.



Hubs and his brother's 80s shoes

So since he won't be wearing them again, I'm selling them. Still have the box they came in. Official Classic Vans Checkerboard Slip Ons. For you, from me, with love.

xoxo
Beth
aka Jayde

No comments:

Post a Comment