Friday, October 8, 2010

Flashback Friday - WTF Ferragamo?

Those of you around my age, girls especially, will probably remember jelly shoes.

For me it was 5th grade. I had them in a number of colors. Hot pink, electric yellow, sparkly blue, and I think basic black. They made my feet sweat and were great for twisting an ankle. They cost practically nothing, though, so my mom and dad indulged my passion for having a pair to match every fluorescent outfit I owned.

So today, while doing some online loafer shopping, I stumbled upon these.

Go ahead... click. I'll wait here.

Shocking, eh?

Act now and get 20% off the original retail of $140.00. For jelly shoes.

I don't care if they do have a Ferragamo thingie on the front of the shoe. THEY'RE JELLY SHOES.

What the heck is Ferragamo even thinking? Who's bright idea was it to make JELLY SHOES and brand them with a high end Italian designer name? A name that brings to mind soft, supple leather and fine craftmanship! I'm appauled, I tell you. 25 years ago you could find these same shoes (sans Ferragamo label) piled together in a giant bin, left and right shoes tied together with elastic bands, for $2.00 at your local Dollar General Store.

Now they're high fashion. Give me a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment